November 01, 2020
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 large leek- washed throughly and chopped- white and light green parts only
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 carrot peeled and finely diced
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped finely
- 1 small package sausage of your choice( casings removed)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp freshly cut sage
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bag cornbread stuffing crumbs
In deeper saute pan- Add 1 TBS olive oil and brown sausage thoroughly. Cut into small pieces, place cooked on paper towel to remove excess fat and set aside. To sauté pan on medium heat add 1 TBS olive oil, leeks, onion, carrots, celery, apples and salt. Sauté until all are soft. Add in sage and sausage. Add two cups of chicken broth and cornbread crumbs- stir- add remaining chicken broth as need to keep mixture moist. Combine over low heat until all chicken broth is absorbed about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve. If making ahead, transfer stuffing into baking dish and refrigerate until ready to use. Bake at 325F for about 20 minutes to warm. Enjoy as a side with turkey, chicken or pork.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
May 01, 2022