January 01, 2021
Recipe from SimplyRecipes.com
- 3TBS butter
- 1 1/2 lbs carrot peeled and sliced( about 6-7 carrots)
-2 cups chopped white or yellow onion
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 3 large strips of zest from an orange
- chopped chives, parsley, dill or fennel for garnish
In a stock pot- melt butter and sauté onion and carrots seasoned with salt for about 5-8 minutes until onions are soft. Do not brown. Add stock, water, ginger and orange zest strips and bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20 minutes until carrots soften. Remove orange zest strips. Puree soup with stick blender. Salt to taste and garnish with choice of chopped chives, parsley, dill or fennel.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
May 01, 2022