March 01, 2022
Adapted from recipe @simplerecipes.com
Makes 6-8 servings
For the salad:
-8 cups kale- ribs removed and cut into small pieces
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce hearts cut lengthwise, and then in half and then cut into 1 inch strips
- 4 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 cups of croutons ( see below or your favorite store bought brand)
- 1 loaf of Italian or Ciabatta bread cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced or 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
-1 clove minced garlic or 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
Toast croutons in oven at 400F for 8-10 minutes. Mix olive oil, garlic and salt in a bowl. Toss baked croutons in oil oil mixture to coat while warm.
Prepare dressing- if using garlic paste whisk all ingredients together. if using garlic clove blend all ingredients with food processor.
Assemble salad- combine greens and toss with dressing. Add Parmesan and croutons and toss well before serving. Salad is great alone or add your favorite protein.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
November 18, 2022
November 14, 2022
November 13, 2022