February 04, 2022
Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Paleo
-4 1/2oz 80% dark chocolate( if using lower % chocolate reduce the amount of coconut sugar. We used 100% dark chocolate and recipe was delicious too.
-1/4 cup coconut oil, softened at room temp(but not melted)
-3 medium eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup almond flour
-1/4 cup cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
-1/2 to 1cup dark chocolate chunks and chips( optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 355F and line an 8x8 baking pan with greaseproof/baking paper.
2. In a heat proof bowl above a pot of simmering water, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil together. Set aside
3. Using a stand mixer with whisk attachment, or hand mixer with double beater attachments, whisk the eggs and coconut sugar until pale, fluffy and triple in volume ( takes 5-7 minutes)
4. Slowly drizzle in the melted chocolate while whisking on low speed. Whisk until chocolate is fully incorporated
5. Sift almond flour, cocoa powdered salt into the egg-chocolate mixture , and gently fold in dry ingredients using spatula until no clumps remain
6. Stir most of the chocolate chunks and chips into the brownie batter, then transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan. Smooth out the top, and sprinkle over the rest of chocolate chunks and chips
7. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 355 for 18-22 minutes or until an insert toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached9for fudgy brownies) or even with some half-baked batter attached( for gooey brownies)
8. Serve brownies while still warm or cool
9. The healthy brownies keep well in a cool dry. place in a closed container for 3-4 days
Comments will be approved before showing up.
March 21, 2023
March 01, 2023